* (Linux) Now the options in the dvd menus can be selected with the mouse. To do so, select "Activate option in DVD menus" for the left mouse button in Preferences -> Keyboard and mouse.
* Implemented a different way to select the initial audio track (or restore the old one after a restart).
* (Experimental) New code to show/hide the mouse cursor in the video window.
* (Linux) Added some actions to control the dvdnav buttons.
* The language filter in the find subtitles dialog is now saved to the ini file.
* New option for smplayer.ini: include_lang_on_filename (section [findsubtitles]). If set to true (the default) the language code is appended to the subtitle filename (e.g. video.avi => video_es.srt). Otherwise the language code is not appended (video.avi => video.srt).
* Implemented a different way to select the initial subtitle track (or restore the old one after a restart). Still needs some testing.
* Now smplayer tries to update the subtitle tracks if they change during playback. This makes subtitles work if using dvdnav, and seems to fix a problem when selecting the initial track (see http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph
… tid=913573) This is the kind of changes that can break something or produce an unexpected behaviour...
* Applied with a few changes the patch customStyleAction.patch by matt. It adds a few more functions for the widgetactions, like to set a custom style.
* Added a new gui (mpcgui, a media player classic clone) developed by Matthias Petri.
* Applied (with a few changes) a patch by matt. This patch adds 3 modes for the stay on top option: always, never and while playing.
* Added a new option Video->Preview. This option creates a preview (thumbnails) of the selected video. There are options to choose the number of columns, rows, maximum width of the generated image... Finally the preview can be saved (as jpg or png). Note: the video preview is not finished yet.
* (Experimental) Increased the resolution of the seekbar. Previously a step of the seekbar (in a 90 minute movie) was equal to 54 seconds. Now it's equal to 5.4 seconds. As there's usually an I-frame about 10 seconds (and mplayer always jumps to an I-frame) I think that's enough.
* Bug #2399200: the downloaded subtitle filename was wrong if the video filename contained a dot in the name (example: video.hdtv.avi created a video_es.srt file instead of video.hdtv_es.avi). This is now fixed.
* Now the logs in the mplayer/smplayer log windows update in realtime.
* The "MPlayer language" tab in the Advanced section in preferences has been removed. It's not necessary anymore, although if you've got a mplayer which prints the output texts in a non-english language you'll need at least MPlayer SVN r28066.
* Added two new options: "Auto zoom for 16:9" and "Auto zoom for 2.35:1". Those options zoom the image assuming the aspect ratio of the video image is the one specified in the option, even if that's not the actual aspect ratio. Useful for videos which include black borders (letterbox) in the image, where the normal "Auto zoom" option will fail.
* New option for smplayer.ini: actions_to_run ([advanced] section). Specifies a list of actions (separated by spaces) which will be run every time a file is loaded. For instance "actions_to_run=auto_zoom compact true" will run the auto_zoom action and set the gui to compact mode. If the commandline option -actions is used too, the actions from commandline will be added to the end of the list. There's a limitation: the actions will be run only when a file is opened and not when the mplayer process is restarted (e.g. you select an option in the menus which requires to restart mplayer, like a video or audio filter). Note that allowing to run the actions after a restart of mplayer could lead to infinite recursion if any of the actions in the list needs to restart mplayer.
* Added a field in Preferences->Advanced to enter the list of actions to be run every time a file is opened.
* Added an option in Preferences->General to change the method to store the file settings.
* (Experimental) Added the new option Video->Pan&scan->Auto zoom. It calculates the zoom factor so you can't see any black borders.
* Implemented a new (and optional) method to save the file settings. This method uses an ini file per each played file (instead of using only one big ini file for all of them).
The files are saved under the subdirectory "file_settings" in the config directory (usually $HOME/.config/smplayer/). As filename it uses a hash, and it's stored on a subdirectory starting with the first letter of the filename.
* Added a new option for smplayer.ini: file_settings_method. This option allows to select the method to be used for the file settings. Possible values: normal and hash.
normal = uses one file (smplayer_files.ini) to store the file settings of all played files. This is cleaner as you only have one file for all files' settings but it could be slow if there are info for many many files in it.
hash = uses one ini file per each played file. This could be much faster if you have info for many files, but you'll end up with many ini files and subdirectories.
* Added a new option in Preferences->Video: add black borders on fullscreen. If this option is enabled, black borders will be added to the image in fullscreen mode. This allows subtitles to be displayed on the black borders.
* Added a history to the open URL dialog. Based on a patch by Francesco Cosoleto. Not finished yet. Missing options to clear the history or set the maximum number of items.
* Added a new option for smplayer.ini: urls\max_items (section [history]). It specifies the maximum number of items for the open URL history. By default, 10. Set it to 0 to disable the history.
* The "Recents" code has been reorganized. Also the list of recent files is now saved in a different place in smplayer.ini, in section [history].
* When using SSA/ASS, use the same font for OSD. Otherwise the OSD might not be visible.
* Added the possibility to select the type of proxy to be used: Http or Socks5. (More info: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qnetworkproxy.html
* Added a new option in Preferences->Subtitle: Freetype support. Disabling that option could make smplayer work with a mplayer compiled without freetype support. But subtitles may not work at all!
* The mini gui can now also remember the position and size of the window.
* (Linux) Now all devices which match with dvd*, cdrom*, cdrw*, sr* and cdrecorder* are added to the comboboxes in Preferences->Drives.
* Added a new action to select the next aspect ratio. Assigned by default to key "A". Unfortunately this change breaks compatibility and the aspect ratio setting for all your played videos will be lost.
* Display the text for the statusbar in the OSD if in fullscreen mode (and not paused).
* Added a new option for smplayer.ini: initial_stereo_mode. It sets the stereo mode which will be used as default. Possible values: 0 (stereo), 1 (left) and 2 (right).
* Added the new section Advanced->Proxy in preferences to configure the proxy.
* Added some options in smplayer.ini (section [proxy]) to configure a proxy for internet connections. Untested.