The ChangeLog since 1.5.5:
2005-09-06 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mmg: bug fix: If the user selected an aspect ratio for a video track, then chose "File -> new", added a file, selected another video track and chose the same aspect ratio as before then it wasn't added to the command line. Fixes Anthill bugs 132 and 146.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Support Qt/MP4 files with 64bit offset tables ('co64' atom instead of 'stco' atom).
2005-09-04 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
* mkvmerge: new feature: mkvmerge will remove the aspect ratio information from a AVC/h.264 video track bitstream and put it into the display dimensions (until now the AR information was kept on the bitstream level). The reason is that in Matroska the container AR is supposed to take precedence over bitstream AR, but some decoder programmers ignore the container AR in favour of bitstream AR.
2005-08-31 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mkvinfo: bug fix: The GUI couldn't open files with non-ASCII chars in the file name.
2005-08-30 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Display dimensions were reported for all tracks, even if they weren't present. In that case they allegedly were "0x0" which caused mmg to add "--display-dimensions ...:0x0" for each track read from a Matroska file, even if the tracks were not video tracks.
2005-08-28 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: The extracted timecodes were wrong for blocks with laced frames.
2005-08-25 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If a Matroska file with a MPEG-4 part 2 video track was muxed into a Matroska file and the source file did not contain the display width/height elements for that track then the aspect ratio was extracted from the video data itself which clashes with the Matroska specs which say that display width/height default to the pixel width/height if they're not present.
2005-08-24 Moritz Bunkus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Native MPEG-4 ASP storage was still bugged: timecodes were assigned twice, frames referenced themselves.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: *****ded fonts and pictures in a SSA/ASS file are not discarded any longer. They are converted to Matroska attachments instead. Other sections that were discarded are added to the CodecPrivate data as are "Comment:" lines in the "[Events]" section. Those comment lines still lose their association for which "Dialogue:" line they were meant, but that cannot be changed.
2005-08-21 Moritz Bunkus <email@example.com>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: --delay was not working at all.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Single digit numbers followed by 's' were not recognized as valid numbers with a unit (e.g. in '--delay 0:9s').